Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday Brunch: Breakfast Potatoes and Cheesy Scrambled Eggs

  

There is nothing I love more than cooking for loved ones and witnessing the smile of contentment on their faces after their first bite. 

My cousins from northern California have been spending the last week with us and we decided to culminate their visit with a trip to Disneyland, where else? lol 
Three sisters in the sweltering California heat on the Jungle Cruise

                                                          
My sis and I

Sisters + Cousin

Somehow, after a 20 hour day at ( or enroute) to Disneyland, I woke up in the morning while the rest of the family was in sweet slumber and quietly left for Sunday Mass. Wouldn't you know, just as I got home, the sleeping beauties had just awoken and were groggily fumbling around the kitchen searching for sustenance. 

After a quick look in the pantry and fridge I decided to make breakfast potatoes and cheesy scrambled eggs. 

Disclaimer/Reminder: I don't cook from recipes and I almost never measure the ingredients I use to make my meals, but I can tell you the ingredients and provide general direction.



Cheesy Scrambled Eggs 
  • Organic Brown Eggs
  • A splash of Milk
  • 1/3 Asiago, 1/3 Cheddar, 1/3 Mozzarella
  • Salt and Pepper 
To get soft fluffy scrambled eggs you must be patient and cook them on a medium low heat, stirring occasionally.



Breakfast Potatoes

  • Russet Potatoes
  • Parsley
  • Green Onion
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Fresh  Tomato
Coat the bottom of a nonstick pan with a thin layer of olive oil and preheat. Next, wash and cube the russet potatoes -- add them to the pan. Cover the potatoes with a glass lid and let it cook on medium high, stirring occasionally, while you prep the rest of the ingredients. Wash the herbs and tomato, finely dice them and set them aside. Once the potatoes are fully cooked and crispy add the remaining ingredients and let it cook for another 30 seconds or so. ( I like the herbs to stay fresh)

My cousin, the happy customer

No comments:

Post a Comment