This Potato Leek soup came out to be amazingly delicious.
- 3 Leeks
Extra Light Olive Oil, 3 tbsp
Butter, unsalted, 2 tbsp
Potato, raw, 4 cup diced (
Organic Free Range Chicken Broth, 4 cups
Garlic, 3 cloves
Celery, raw, 2 stalk, small
Heavy Whipping Cream, 4 tbsp
Fresh Cracked Pepper
1 pinch TJ 21 season salute
- Optional: 1/4 cup Gouda, 2 Tbpn Parmesan
- 1) Make sure to cut and wash the leek well, it tends to hide dirt.
2) In a large soup pan, add diced leeks, garlic, celery, olive oil, butter and seasonings
3) Sautee on medium till the kitchen smells great and the leeks has softened.
4) remove one cup of the mixture and set aside
5) Add 4 cups of peeled diced potatoes and 4 cups of organic chicken broth
6) Bring to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are cooked
7) transfer soup to a blender and blend
8) Return it to the pot, add the reserve leeks and the whipping cream
9) Can be served with a garnish of cheese if you'd like
Serving Size: 11- 1 cup servings
- Nutrition(w/ cheese):
- 149 calories, 9 grams fat, 14 grams carbs, 2 grams fiber, 3 gram protein