Monday, September 24, 2012

Chocolate Nut Butter Banana Muffins



Costco, or the " Hundred-dollar store" as I like to call it, has amazing deals, yes?

Bananas for example, you get something like 10 bananas for a little over a dollar. Of course, when you bought them you had every intention of eating them on a daily basis ( for the potassium, you know) and were confident the rest of your family would join in, making sure the bananas disappeared in a matter of days.

.....Except you didn't and they didn't, and now you are left with a pile of bananas similar to this:



I had begun to doubt my baking abilities. Recently, my baking experiments were not coming out up to par, I think the latest one could be best described as an unintentional Pake ( See, Drop Dead Diva).  But, thankfully, I've redeemed myself -- even without eggs at my disposal I managed to create a winner today :)


Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup almond butter
1 cup turbinado sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
 3 tbsp flax seed, opened with a few tablespoons of water
2 cups banana
2 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoon baking powder
10 squares trader joes dark chocolate ( lb)
1/3 cup sour cream

Directions

  • Preheat oven to 360F
  • Mix dry ingredients and set aside
  • Cream together butter, peanut butter, almond butter, vanilla  and sugar until soft and creamy
  • Add eggs, or in my case the egg replacement ( flax seed meal + water) and vanilla extract
  • Now add the bananas.... cream until nice and smooth
  • Add half of the dry ingredients, then the sour cream
  • Add the second half of the dry ingredients
  • fold in chocolate (chips)
  • Bake for 25 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment