Thursday, August 30, 2012



Yes, it has been a while since I've posted regarding food. It just isn't occupying as much of my attention as it used to. There are a few more priorities in life I need to address before I can resort back to one of my luxurious hobbies of cooking/baking.
SAUTEED GREEN BEANS OVER A BED OF BASMATI RICE
Just like the title suggests -- simple and satisfying.
First sautee the onions until they are translucent. Then add sliced garlic, mini bell peppers, and mushroom. Finally, add the green beans and sautee for a couple minutes. You can serve it at this point if you like your veggies on the crisper side. However, if you like them " well done" allocate 1 part white wine to 2 parts broth.  ( ie: 1/8 cup white wine and a 1/4 cup broth). Add the wine and let it sizzle and dance for a moment, then add the broth and cover the pan. Allow it to simmer for another 10 minutes on low heat.
Serve over a bed of white rice. I think it would work great on top of a baked potato as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment