Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Goodbye Juice Feasting, Hello Holidays


Well, I was able to juice fast for 5 days before the "need" for solid food took over. I'm not sure how other people do this for 30-60 days, but I think i makes a difference if you are living somewhere alone, focusing on the fast. I on the other hand was surrounded by people constantly eating and cooking.

Still i'm proud of my 5 days. Its a good start. I think I'm going to continue juicing on and off. I'm also going to make pure green juice shots and try to take that daily. IE: just 1-2 oz of kale juice.

One of my favorite and most palatable green juices was simply the juice of honeydew:

I broke my fast with something unconventional I think -- yogurt. I felt like my body was craving probiotics. Either way, I feel fine now. No crazy sicknesses or stomachaches. 

I'm slowly getting into the season with a trip to our local pumpkin patch where we picked up the following beauties: 
Mr. Scarecrow

Mrs. Scarecrow
Baby Pumpkin

Beautiful Indian Corn


Pumpkins of all types, colors and sizes







I love the deep orange color on these!



 I hope this put you in the holiday season too!!

4 comments:

  1. 5 days is really good. I don't know how I'd be able to do that. these photos are awesome. happy holiday season and welcome back to solid foods

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five days is very impressive. Sometimes you just need to chew something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your photos! I try to eat healthy, but juicing wouldn't be my staple. I admire you for going as long as you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed! I couldn't last a day. And I love all your fall photos. You've inspired me to get decorating. Thanks for sharing, sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete