Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I almost sat in my car and drove all the way across the country this week. 

I've spent the past two weeks planning the trip, envisioning the move all while I had a glow of excitement at the prospect of change, a fresh start and a bright future.

However, faith is a large part of my life and I wanted to make sure I wasn't being irrational or forcing a change I wasn't quite ready for. Perhaps my original destination isn't where I'm supposed to be at this point in time. 

After several nights of sincere praying, a few major obstacles that popped up, and consultation with friends and family I decided to take a deep breath and refocus on alternate ways of reaching my aspirations.

I still seek to settle down to a life on the East Coast, but it doesn't have to be this week.  I realize I need to take advantage of the fact that I am so flexible at this point in my life. The possibilities are endless and I know part of me is fighting against the reality that I have NO IDEA what is next in store for me. 

This week I'm refocusing -- continuing my job search, maintaining my regular workouts, and finding new intellectual stimulation.  A trip to the library and a bag full of books will work wonders to calm my fidgety mind.  I thrive when I'm busy and this time period between the taking the bar exam and receiving bar results has taken a toll, but I feel stronger and more focused today that I have in a long while. 

In fact, today I applied for a job in New York that will allow me to combine my long time passions of research, writing and law with my recent decision to embrace nutrition health and fitness. If this specific job works out I may be on cloud 9 for a very long time. If I had rushed to move to DC this week, I wouldn't be able to consider opportunities such as this one. 

In other news my vegan lifestyle is a work in progress. Though I was able to maintain a vegan diet for over a month, traveling out of town where vegan options were severely limited threw a wrench into things.  I remember commenting on that trip that, " I guess I'm mostly vegan, but vegetarian this weekend" to which I received the reply from a doctor friend of mind, " that's like saying you are somewhat pregnant but not 100%" . So I guess the happy compromise is that I am vegetarian with vegan tendencies.

As part of refocusing myself I'm planning on posting many more posts like the " What I ate Wednesday" series. 

-- until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment