Monday, September 12, 2011

Pico De Gallo



A simple sequel to the Guacamole. 

Pico De Gallo is one of my favorite salsas. It's simple -- I can see all the ingredients and I can taste all the ingredients distinctly and together.  

Whether you serve it with tortilla chips, use it to dress up some spanish rice or add color to a fresh baja style taco this Salsa is sure to satisfy. ( Wow that sounds like advertisement kinda)

Pico De Gallo

1 box of sugar plum tomatoes ( from Trader Joes) , diced
1/2 a large red onion
3 cloves of garlic
3/4 of a jalapeno, seeds removed
1/3 -1/2 cup of cilantro ( I love the stuff so I was generous)
1 lime, juiced
sea Salt 
fresh cracked pepper

Prepare this dish about an hour ahead of time so the ingredients can marry well and marinate. 

...Speaking of Marriage :p

I attended my good friend's beautiful wedding this weekend.


I picked the most anonymous picture I took from the weekend. so that the privacy of individuals has not been disturbed.  

The bride wore a beautiful lace dress and the groom a white tuxedo. It was a night full of laughter, dancing and celebration . I hope to be a part of this couple's lives and future celebrations for a long long time :)


I did my best with my makeup and my littlest sister took control of curling my hair and did an amazing job for a 12 year old. 

Next event on the horizon is my annual trip to my BFF for their celebration of the harvest of the grapes.

I'm VERY excited!  Nothing better than friends, family, love and tradition....

3 comments:

  1. The pico de gallo looks great, YOU look great and I really liked the pic of the wedding...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great...the dip looks tasty. All in all, a great post! Thanks for making my morning a little bit sweeter :-) I'm baking a batch of cookies and then heading to work. Sounds like a good start, huh? Much love and hugs from Austin!

    ReplyDelete