Thursday, August 25, 2011

Vegan.Again.For Good.

....Except maybe one day a month where I'll let myself splurge on cheese. Maybe.


The idea of being Armenian and Vegan is out there. I know. I was a vegetarian for about five months at one point in time and I heard all sorts of banter from my Armenian friends. One individual even alleged that God wanted us to eat animals, why else do they exist?  A majority of Armenian dishes included either meat and potatoes or barbecued meat and potatoes.

But, I finally have a comeback for those who claim got put animals on the planet for humans to consume:

     "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in it fruit; you shall have them for food. And to every beast of the earth, and to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food."  Genesis 1:29


Simply put, we and all other living creatures get to eat all the fruits, veggies and greens we would like.

I'm not hear to preach about being vegan or vegetarian. Don't worry -- my mom lives for steak and it works for her.  However, those who have followed the blog for a while also know that I've always had issues with weight-loss.  Interestingly, during my brief dances with veganism in the past I always felt amazing, lost weight and never felt deprived.

Combining the facts that I have about five weddings/engagements to attend in the next year; that i'm already 27 years old; I've had a crazy past year full of changes and fresh starts; and it's time to take ownership of my life and my future regardless of what those around me think -- i embarked on the vegan lifestyle this week. For Good.

Considering that I spent most of the summer working out from 10-15 hours a week and saw minimal results on the sale, I find it exhilarating that after a few days of veganism I am already seeing results.  I hope you stay with me as I take this new step and share with me your advice and insight.

The week began with a trip to Whole Foods for a few supplements and a quick lunch after a morning workout :

Coconut milk, Vanilla Almond Milk, Nutritional Yeast Flakes, Avocado rolls, Sesame Tofu, and Coconut Milk Green Tea Ice Cream



Lunch was a simple plate of avocado rolls and sesame tofu.... but I think I managed to make it look pretty... no?






2 comments:

  1. I too have these brushes with vegetarianism/veganism from time to time and I wish you the very best of luck. My best friend always tells me, "Do what suits you and screw everyone else-- they don't have to eat it." I'd say that's good advice. ;) I'm glad this is what works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I also go through times of veganism. It feels so good (for my body and my soul). I hope you are having a terrific Tuesday morning. I'm about to head off to work and begin my day. Much love and hugs from Austin!

    ReplyDelete