Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tomazella Salad



Juicy succulent home grown tomatoes layered in between layers of sliced creamy fresh mozzarella and I call it Tomazella. That's right, I've named it!

This past weekend we were attending the "last pre-labor day" BBQ at a friends house. Their garden is blessed with an abundance of fresh tomatoes throughout the summer and we had to make it a part of the dinner course ( though it made an appearance as an appetizer and at breakfast too....)  Luckily, our hostess K happened to have fresh mozzarella in the fridge. Eagerly I asked for basil, hoping it was a member of their herb garden. But alas, the Caprese Salad was not meant to be.


But, when one door closes a window opens, right??

Determined to be resourceful, I found same incredibly fresh green onion and garlic at my disposal and the Tomazella salad was born.

Dressing


2 cloves of garlic, diced
1 stalk of green onion, diced
4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
Fresh sea salt
Fresh cracked pepper

1 comment:

  1. That looks so delicious, this is something great when I have guest over the house.

    ReplyDelete