Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Parade of the Gingerbreadmen

Recipe from Thick and Chewy Gingerbreadmen. Its Amazing.



 

Mr. and Mrs. Gingerbread








I did make the three layer cake I told you about earlier... bit a little differently : one lawyer brownie w/ cocoa powder,  one layer brownie w/ melted semisweet chocolate, and one layer of vanilla cake.

The filling is one layer of white chocolate cream cheese peppermint ( Simply melt one bag of white chocolate chips, 8 oz of cream cheese, 2 tbsp of butter in the microwave at about 1 minute. Mix well, then fold in peppermint pieces.)  Repeat the same with semi sweet chocolate for second layer of filling.

Frost with freshly whipped vanilla cream. ... This cake has since been transported to my uncles since I have tons of other stuff to take today. I'll try to grab a picture tonight and post tomorrow.

Meanwhile my almond butter cookies are cooking down so i can decorate them with colored white chocolate ganache.

Be back soon!

Mar

1 comment:

  1. I think I gained 5 pounds by just reading about your cake... and now I may enter a sugar coma.
    And your gingerbread men and women are so cute! I would give them names and tell a gingerbread story with them...
    ...which I guess is why I don't make them.

    ReplyDelete