Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Holidays in full swing


The Christmas tree is officially up and dazzling... Our ornament from 2007 graces the top of the tree and the bow holds the spot for a future star.


With finals looming in the weeks ahead my cooking schedule and diet have changed considerable – for better or worse.  The passion to create edible creations is going to have to be on the backburner for a couple weeks.






Yesterday, while I was studying at Starbuck’s the barista was kind enough to give the customers a sample of their new Caramel Brulee Frappacino which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Today I found myself at Starbuck’s again. Something about the environment makes me productive. Reminiscing about the sample from yesterday, I chose to order the warm version -- the Caramel Brulee Latte.  Unfortunately, it was not as pleasant of an experience. I think it was a little too much brulee and not enough caramel.  I think I will be sticking to the tried and true peppermint mocha for now.

Have you tried any new drinks at Starbucks lately? What do you think?


4 comments:

  1. Not a new drink but it's sooo good!!
    Peppermint Latte!! YUM! - I get mine soy, and it's still yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marina
    Honestly, I didn't love amazing grass at first. that being said, after trying a few flavors, i love it now, and crave it. Honestly I would just order a few samples... you get 4ish flavors and it only costs $2.99. The link is on my profile! I actually love the kids flavor best!! :) hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard mixed reviews of the new Starbucks drink. Ever since working for a coffee shop I've become a coffee beverage purist--normally just sticking to Americanos with a syrup added, but I recently re-discovered my love for Peppermint Soy Lattes. I <3 soy.

    Very nice Christmas tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't tried any of their new drinks lately but my favorite will always be the peppermint mocha. Mint and chocolate are a perfect match :)

    ReplyDelete