Friday, November 27, 2009

Pictureless

Wow... I just made an amazing and healthy lunch if I do say so my self.... So good in fact, that it was gone before I could take a picture of it.

First, I saute ( in olive oil) some sliced onions with 2 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp of jalapeno and 1 small box of sliced crimini mushrooms.  Meanwhile microwave 3 small potatoes and 1 medium sweet potato.
Once the veggies in the sautee pan are soft, deglaze with aboug 1/4 of white wine. Continue cooking it on "low" while u peel and dice the sweet potato and dice the potatoes ( i leave the skin on). Add the sweet/potatoes and stir. Finally, add some french cut green beans, salt and pepper and 1/8 cup of chicken broth. This should be just enough liquid for the beans to warm through. Cover and let it sit for a few minutes on low. Lastly, toss in about 1/4-1/3 cup of french's onions. Mix thoroughly and enjoy.

I served this with some quinoa. This meal is not only full of nutrients and vitamins but it is filling and comforting as well. Perfect for an autumn day.

No comments:

Post a Comment