Saturday, November 28, 2009

Pasta to the Rescue


When you are in a rush, but need a quick home-made meal.... its pasta to the rescue.

Today, I created this beauty in between International Business Transactions and Evidence.  I didn't have enough whole wheat pasta for two people, but I didn't let that stop me, I just tossed in some cappelini and ended up with a two-toned creation.

For the sauce/topping I caramelized about 1 cup of onion with 4 cloves of garlic and about 2 oz of Italian Seasoned ground turkey. I then deglazed it with 1/8 cup of white wine. Next came the three diced Roma tomatoes, some frozen artichoke hearts, and 1/2 box of sliced crimini mushrooms. I finished it off with some freshly cracked pepper, sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon of dried basil. Let it simmer until all the flavors marry, but before the tomatoes completely disintigrate.


No comments:

Post a Comment