Thursday, October 15, 2009

Late Night Dinner



Well, I got home from school at about 9:30 pm last night and having only eaten the sweet potato crisp, an  apple an some yogurt all day, I was STARVING.

I set about to a quick, comforting dish composed of generally healthy ingredients.

I covered the bottom of a large pan with about 1/2 inch thick of  chicken broth and added about 1/8th cup of soy sauce and 1 tbsp Smart Balance oil.

When this came to a simmer, I added my washed and chopped chicken breast , covered and let it  cook and absorb the flavors.

While this was cooking, I chopped up  2 cloves of garlic and a few slivers of fresh ginger to add to the mix. Stir the chicken every once in a while to ensure it is cooked thoroughly.  Make sure all the liquid doesnt boil off.  In order to balance out the flavors, I added about a tablespoon of raw sugar which helps turn the "broth" into a glaze.

In a separate pot, bring some water to a boil and cook some whole wheat spagehtti.

When the Chicken is almost done and the sauce has begun to thicken add your choice of fresh vegetables. Cook for about 5 minutes before adding the whole wheat spaghetti.

Lastly, I added 2 stalks of chopped scallions and a few peanuts for a nice surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment